Search Unity

Virtual Reality FPS [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Sogeking, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Sogeking

Sogeking

Virtual Reality FPS

This package is a must have for anyone who wants to create a first person game for Virtual Reality Goggles.
    A specially adapted control conveys the feeling that you're the player!
    Your inputs not just turn the entire body, they move their individual bones.

Play the demo's and see for yourself:

WEBPLAYER
    ANDROID

Features
    • Code in C# + Javascript
    • 3 different control mods
    • Walk, jump and idle animation
    • Improved ragdoll system
    • Blood particles
    • 3D crosshair
    • Weapon, shot, recoil and health system
    • What you see is what you have(body)
    • Mobile platforms support
    • Well commented code
    • Player sounds
    • Everything easily expandable

If you don't want to use the given Player Prefabs, take your own rigged character and and make him alive.
    (I recommend characters from mixamo, but others are possible as well)

The following YouTube tutorial shows you how to set things up.
    In the source code is a description too.

I do not own an Oculus Rift, only the Durovis Dive.
    The first one who posted a YouTube video in which he plays this demo with the Oculus Rift, gets the money back.
    (You while playing and the screen should be seen)

If you have any questions or problems, I'll try to help as fast as I can.
    I am sure we can help each other to improve this Asset.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  2. LoganPark

LoganPark

Hi, Sogeking!
    I just played the live web demo of your VR asset package using an Oculus Rift (dev kit version, so, low resolution). Does your package map the view of each camera onto a render texture? Oculus uses this approach, I believe, to correct for its lens distortions, and uses a barrel-wrap shader.

$foo.png

If you can get your package to do this, rock and roll! That way, it might be possible for indie unity devs to use your package instead of needing to buy Unity Pro ($75/month) to just get the render textures feature.

3. Sogeking

Sogeking

Hi LoganPark, thanks for your reply,
    My Asset doesn't use this approach, I don't have the pro version ether. Good to know that Oculus Rift use this method! You said, you tried the demo with your Rift, does it work?! I'm not quite sure if I have understood you correctly, are you asking me to find a way to use this render to texture feature in the free unity version?:confused:

Kind Regard
    Fabian

4. lazygunn

lazygunn

Its a funny answer, theres some form of rendertextures for unity free but they seem act a bit differently. Oculus Rift has two problems needing pro - The barrel distortion is an image effect, and the dll is not managed so free cant get at the goodies.

I've made a package to overcome these problems, you'll need to purchase Marrrk's FX lab for one approach to the barrel distortion, this iswhere these strange rendertextures turn up and its slow but not a showstopper if youre just foolin.Alternatively you can use OculusOverlay to do the adjustments but its a pain in the butt, im going to keep talking to devs i know doing fullscreen effects on unity free

Package is here though http://pourfoi.co.uk/OculusFree/OculusFree.zip if that helps anyone

5. Sogeking

Sogeking

Hi lazygunn,
    I researched a bit about your work, it's great! I would immediately buy FXLab and integrate your package in my asset.
    Then I could offer a web player demo, which works with the Oculus Rift too.
    The problem is, I don't have an Oculus Rift^^

6. chris6201

chris6201

Im new to this. My head tracking isnt working on my tablet. Is there anything I need to do. I want the same controls as the demo in the play store because Im using a ps3 controller to walk around

7. chris6201

chris6201

Im trying to use this with my tablet with head tracking and i cant figure it out. Im new to this. I've download the .apk demo from the play store that takes place in a dark warehouse and it works perfectly fine. I use my ps3 controller and everything works. When I create and .apk from unity, the controls are wierd and it doesnt track my head. How can I enable the head tracking and change the controls to be identical to the warehouse demo in the google play store?

8. Sogeking

Sogeking

Hey! I am sorry for the late response:)

How to enable the head tracking and adjust the controls(ps3) identical to the android demo.
    (Anyone who has problems with the headtracking should follow these steps too.)

Due to the divesensor update from Durovis Dive and some questions regarding the control, I made an up to date package with everything you need:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a79335yypynxcia/TF7HY0fM7x

1. Download the folder from the link.
    2. Move the "Plugin" folder into your "Virtual Reality FPS\Assets"
    2. Replace your "Virtual Reality FPS\ProjectSettings\InputManager.asset " with the one in the plugin folder.
    3. Now just remove the old OpenDiveSensor.cs and attach the new one to the "Neck".

That should be all:D

Just ask if you have further questions...

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  9. yestian

yestian

If I buy it virtual reality FPS charactersystem ..I only see the Controll by KeyBoard and mouse? But I also play the same game on Andriod; and I want to do the same thing on Android Phone; Did this project has the Controll on Mobile like Gyroscope? I want this script to learn. Thx

10. CYBERDAD

CYBERDAD

i just bought your product, but the head tracking seems not to be working when trying it on my android smartphone (Durovis Dive). I thought the example on this Virtual Reality FPS should be working the same as your product at the Google Play store - 3D Virtual Reality FPS - Demo (with head tracking enabled). Apparently the head tracking is not working for me. Could you please help on how I can enable the head tracking ? Am I missing something ? (by the way, I have followed your instruction by attaching the script to the neck).
    Thank you in advance.

11. martdob

martdob

12. pyratej

pyratej

I'm in the same boat here. The OpenDiveSensor.cs doesn't seem to do anything when attached to the neck and the links a couple post above with your update package is broken. Please advise.