Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Discussion Virtual geometry in unity

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by laurentlavigne, Feb 27, 2024.

1. impheris

impheris

do you have any proof of that? i don't think that is accurate, i could be wrong

not agree

i agree

definitely not agree, in fact Unity feels aged for years now, i would say even godot feels more modern imo and i do not like godot.

Even if that is true, you can do the same with just a click on Unreal (afaik), which = a faster job...

Gekigengar likes this.
  2. runner78

runner78

My first thought about the editor when I tried Godot was actually "It all looks amateurish." and reminds me a little of programs from the 90s.

3. Zarod

Zarod

It is ... and it saddens me that Godot has so many issues at the moment, becauze the people making it are cool.

But there are some small things, that you discover only when going from beginning to end in making a game, that just break the experience completely ... both on the engine side AND players actually playing your game.

As of right now, in low-spec specific circumstance, Unity is ths only one that is able to privatize some CPU power, and thus continuing to run as expected, even if at a low framerate.

The other solutions just fall short by crashing or freezing.

The irony, is that other editors/engines end up both being slower to run and compile AND gate the very people they claim to care about by the game not working on old and low-spec hardware.

4. impheris

impheris

"It looks" but that does not mean is not functional, for example, Flax Engine looks way worse than Godot and also for many years Unreal engine looked way worse than Unity too, "it looks" means nothing in terms of usability

5. runner78

runner78

One of the reasons I don't use Godot is because I like C# and C# is currently only a second class citizen. (The other is I like ECS)
    What I like about Godot is that it starts quickly. However, this can change at some point as Godot gets more features.