Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Virtual Cameras Blend interrupts UI events

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by rehtse_studio, Nov 20, 2021.

1. rehtse_studio

rehtse_studio

In my mobile shooter prototype I have some UI that use the new input system on button script. One of the UI is not working properly, I find it odd since another UI button is using the exact same script, with a different action, and it works.

When the player uses the AimButton or LeftTrigger in a controller, the player enters aim mode; if I use the trigger on my controller it works BUT if I use the button with the on-button script it won't work.

The following images shows that both button have the same scripts with different actions but the shooting one works and the aim one won't work.

The following Gif shows the issue in detail. In the first second I'm using the trigger action on my controller and the aims works when I try to use the On-button script with the button for the aim it wont work, it seem like it turn on and off (true and false) fast.

Aim_Mobile_Issue.gif It seem that when the VC are about the blend the UI events are being Stop and this won't allows the button do his job.

Attached Files:

2. gaborkb

gaborkb

Unity Technologies

Could you share the On-Screen Button script?

3. rehtse_studio

rehtse_studio

The same ON-Screen Button Script that the New Input System provides

Attached Files:

4. gaborkb

gaborkb

Unity Technologies

Try asking on the Input System forum: https://forum.unity.com/forums/input-system.103/. This does not seem to be Cinemachine related.

To check, if it is Cinemachine related, disable CinemachineBrain on your Main Camera. If the problem persists, then it is going to be something on the Input System side.

5. rehtse_studio

rehtse_studio

Already ask in the Input System Forum at the same time as this one; just waiting for a replay.

gaborkb likes this.