Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Virtual and interactive museum

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by NevaCross, Mar 5, 2013.

1. NevaCross

NevaCross

We are creating a solution for small museums, heritage, and cultural sites to continue to exhibit their collections at a time where many are closing due to the world economic climate. This is a very early alpha version of our virtual/interactive museum created in Unity 3d. The completed museum will offer visitors an opportunity to walk through in real time and to select items on exhibit to examine. This is a WIP and we expect to have a public beta in August 2013.

You can see our current progress on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XfVHFXUdlc&feature=youtu.be
    To see the live WIP version, http://www.crossdesigngroupltd.com/CHS/CrossroadsHistoricalSociety.html

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
    faizanshakeel likes this.
  2. Pulov

Pulov

very nice texturing, I miss some shadows, you might test S.S.A.O>> or some precalculated lighting.

After aplying shadows it will look gorgeous.

3. NevaCross

NevaCross

That's one of the places I am stuck. I don't seem to understand Unity lighting. I have tried S.S.A.O. and a lighting package I purchased. There is obviously a HUGE hole in my understanding (and skill). :(

4. Pulov

Pulov

If you own the pro version, as far as I remember the SSAO stuff is as difficult as adding to the active cammera the SSAO component. And play with the parameteres.

For the lighting part, recently somewhere in teh forum, (showcase, WIP ) a tutorial on how to bake interior lighting from max to unity was placed.

Otherwise look for the built-in lightmapping engine documentation.

5. NevaCross

NevaCross

Thanks for replying!

I am tweaking the SSAO now for performance. The problem was I did not understand the relationship between types of lights, forward and deferred rendering, and some of the lightmapping options. Now I think I have everything aligned, including the proper shaders. I will update the the web link in a couple of days once we have added a couple of features and gotten things stabilized again.

Thanks again!

Neva

6. NevaCross

NevaCross

$PreviewImasge008.png

This week's update which includes a mock up of the information panel that will pop-up when a visitor clicks a display item. Items in the museum collection will be part of a larger database that will include items from other project and organizations, thus creating the possibility to include private collections.

http://www.linkedin.com/company/cross-design-group?trk=hb_tab_compy_id_1417691

7. faizanshakeel

faizanshakeel

I just started using unity . can you please suggest me any tutorial or website where i can learn to build this type of museum in short time