Search Unity

Violation of Families Policy Requirements - Eligibility Issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ahmeuad, Jul 17, 2020.

1. ahmeuad

ahmeuad

I published my app (My first ever app) couple of days ago and while waiting impatiently, my app was rejected.

My app is rated for everyone. It doesn't collect any information, nor it does require any permissions. I have adjusted the ads filters and categories properly. Furthermore, in the privacy policy section, I've linked to the unity private policy, and since all my requirements meet the family program, i subscribed to it.

They sent me the below email and they attached a snapshot of the starting of unity policy.

Shouldn't the unity privacy policy be sufficient to cover all the requirements? I am really clueless of what should i do now...

upload_2020-7-17_9-48-8.png

2. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

My guess would be that the issue is that you're not posting "your app's" Privacy Policy. The Unity privacy policy describes how Unity handles information, not how you handle information.

Even if the contents of Unity's policy happened to 100% describe your own handling of private data it's still an issue because you're not in control of that policy. You should be linking to something published and controlled by you.

If you're not confident in writing a Privacy Policy there are a number of generators and/or templates online. My main word of caution would be that you've said you don't collect any information, but double check that. In particular, double check that no tools or services you may be using (including Unity) are collecting anything.

3. ahmeuad

ahmeuad

I will be definitely using a privacy policy generator, but do please bare with me, cause this is my first time publishing an app and I know nothing about these things.

My questions are:
    1. If unity does collect data, is this detailed in their privacy policy?
    2. Is it alright if i specify what they wrote about data collection and use that in my privacy policy?
    3. I am using unity Ads, does this collect any data too and is it described in their privacy policy?
    4. Any advice you can give me to avoid any further issues in the future...
    Really thank you.

4. Owen-Reynolds

Owen-Reynolds

I think AP is right, and it's that simple. The Privacy Policy link must be to your site for the game. Yours isn't. It's not a matter of not being good enough -- it simply didn't follow the directions.

I've seen something accepted on the Apple store with a link to a single sentence in the middle of the App's page. I think it's: "absolutely nothing is collected".

angrypenguin likes this.
  5. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

The user of your app isn't agreeing to Unity's privacy policy. They are agreeing to your privacy policy - They aren't using Unity, you are. If Unity is collecting data via your app (Unity analytics, etc), that is your app collecting the data, regardless of whether you end up in control of the data or not. Often you'll see that phrased in a privacy policy something to the effect of data collected and shared with a third party (Unity being the third party your app is sharing data with).

Unity's privacy policy looks like it is pretty thorough in what data they might collect, both for your app and Unity Ads.

https://unity3d.com/legal/privacy-policy

My advice would be to create a privacy policy.

6. ahmeuad

ahmeuad

Thank you very much. Appreciate the help. I ended up using this website to generate a privacy policy.

7. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

Just make sure that you've found the answers to the questions you asked before. You need to know what data the tools and services you're using collect from your users, otherwise you're putting yourself (and maybe your users) at risk.

Joe-Censored likes this.