Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Question Viewing invalid events

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by stephen_imvizar, Sep 25, 2023.

1. stephen_imvizar

stephen_imvizar

Hello,

We have an app, that we have built using Unity. We ran an event on the evening of Friday 22nd September. I am trying to review analytics event from that day. Unfortunately, they are not showing up for me in the Analytics dashboard.

I believe that this may be due to the fact that the events that I am trying to retrieve are invalid events. On my invalid events tab, I can only see back as far as Saturday September 23rd.

Is it possible for me to retrieve the older data (i.e. can I see the invalid events from Friday 22/9)? Are invalid events deleted after a certain period? If so, is it somehow possible to restore the events?

Regards, Stephen.

2. thanyalukj_unity

thanyalukj_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi Stephen,

The event browser has a limitation where it can only display events received in the last 48 hours or a maximum of 100 events. My recommendation would be to confirm that the event sent from the device matches what you have defined in the event manager and once confirmed re-send a test event. The event should then show up under the valid/invalid tab accordingly. If it's in the valid tab you can start to analyse the event data in the data explorer and if it's in the invalid tab you can view the reason why it was classified as invalid.

Thank you.

3. stephen_imvizar

stephen_imvizar

Hi, Many thanks for your advice. I have it working now. Thanks, Stephen