Search Unity

Viewing/Creating 360 Images from scene at correct Scale for use in VR - Things Look too Big

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by artofmining, Jun 20, 2019.

1. artofmining

artofmining

Hi
    I dont seem to be able to find any good solution to this on the net anywhere!!

I use a Capture Panorama script that takes 360 shots of my game 3D environment.
    From these images I then apply them as cubemap skyboxes for viewing within VR.

However the captured images (when added to a skybox) always appear huge when viewed using a VR HMD . They look proportionately accurate if I use them in a flat game screen (not goggles) but viewing inside VR the scale is much bigger!

Is there ANY way possible to generate the 360 images such that they represent their true scale when viewed as a skybox within Virtual Reality?

Thanks anyone !!

2. BorjaFAC

BorjaFAC

I know this is old, but I am having the same problem, so if anyone knows a workaround or fix for this, I would love him for ever.

3. artofmining

artofmining

No joy, few bits of info I looked at but gave up because I couldn't find a straightforward way. Its all to do with the cam used and how the eye scales etc. among a number of other artifacts. I even took virtual 360 shots from within my own 3D Scenes but still could not get a correct scale in VR as a skybox/sphere etc. In a nutshell good luck if you find a clear solution.

4. BorjaFAC

BorjaFAC

I just realsised that if you take your pictures higher, it looks a bit more realistic, but still there are some scale problems, specially in indoor panoramas :(

artofmining likes this.