Search Unity

Question View Frostum Culling Angle

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by qinstah, Mar 20, 2022.

1. qinstah

qinstah

Hey everyone!

I have a problem with culling of terrain trees.

I am using URP with the standard terrain and some trees from the asset store (DreamForestTree).
    As you can see in the attached gif, when I rotate the camera (first person controller) the trees on the left edge will be not rendered too early. It's clearly visible for the player that the trees get "removed".

These are the ideas I have to solve this issue
    1. Make the view frostum culling angle of the camera wider somehow. It needs to be wider than the real view angle of the camera.
    2. Use a second camera with a wider field of view which is only used to decide which trees should be rendered. The main camera (attached to the first person player) would have a narrower angle.
    I could not find any useful settings to solve this problem and I am not sure how to achieve solution 1. or 2. right now (if one of them actually is a correct idea).
    I would really appreciate any help! Thanks :)

2. fleity

fleity

On the off chance of sounding stupid I am going to ask... have you considered setting your game view not to "free aspect" but the the same ratio as your camera is rendering (and therefore the same ratio as the frustum).