Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Official [Videos] Getting Started with Plastic SCM for Unity

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by marie-unity, Dec 13, 2021.

1. marie-unity

marie-unity

Administrator

Hey everyone!

We just posted a series of videos to help you get started with Plastic SCM for Unity after the upgrade from Collaborate to Plastic SCM.

As a reminder, we strongly encourage you to upgrade your project(s) to one of the following Unity Editor versions to minimize the impact of the upgrade.
    • 2019.4.32f1 or later
    • 2020.3.20f1 or later
    • 2021.1.25f1 or later
    • 2021.2.0b16 or later
    • 2022.1.0a12 or later
    By upgrading to one of the versions listed above, basic version control actions will not require a separate software installation of Plastic SCM. You will be able to automatically convert your local Collaborate workspaces into a Plastic SCM format after the upgrade and you will be able to resume working with an in-Editor integration similar to Collaborate.

Getting Started with Plastic SCM for Unity

Local Workspace Migration

Accessing Remote Projects

How to Connect Plastic SCM to Cloud Build

How To Set Up Notifications in Plastic SCM

You can also read more about the upcoming Collaborate upgrade to Plastic SCM here: https://blog.unity.com/games/upgrading-from-collaborate-to-unity-plastic-scm

Feel free to reach out in this thread if you have any questions.

Thanks!

2. jonama

jonama

I am really really frustrated and frankly angry. My project was "upgraded" from Collab to Plastic without my approval. Now there are errors that did not previously exist in my project and I do not know what to do.

3. ValeryNikulina

ValeryNikulina

Unity Technologies

Hi,

I'm very sorry you're unhappy with the migration. Could you please let me know the error you're seeing (if you still haven't been able to resolve them) and I'll do my best to assist you with them. Thanks!