Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question VideoPlayer url header

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by danb1, Sep 23, 2021.

1. danb1

danb1

Hello,

Does anybody know if it's possible to add an HTTP header to a VideoPlayer url? I need to pass a username/password to my server when downloading an mp4 file...

Thanks!

2. Andrew_S1

Andrew_S1

3. The_Island

The_Island

Unity Technologies

Unfortunately, you can't do it directly in the VideoPlayer. What you need to do is use an UnityWebRequest and SetRequestHeader. You can then set the VideoPlayer.url to the downloaded file path when the file has finished downloading. It is a pain to manage, and we want to improve this. I sent your feedback for this feature to the team.

4. danb1

danb1

Thanks for the update about that -- still helpful to know that you can do this by downloading the file directly!

5. mattsoftwaredev

mattsoftwaredev

Can this be done in WebGL without the user saving the video file to disk? I have clients who need to play videos hosted on 3rd party servers where the video can't be accessed without including an auth token in the header. The inability to add the token to the VideoPlayer's request header is turning into a big obstacle for us.

6. The_Island

The_Island

Unity Technologies

Unfortunately, no, and we know it is a big issue. I recommend anyone with this issue add your feedback to our roadmap so we can work on this. https://unity.com/roadmap/unity-platform/audio-video

mattsoftwaredev likes this.