Search Unity

Bug VideoPlayer.Prepare() is crashing Unity 2022.2 with 100% CPU usage? VideoPlayer completely broken!!

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by mikejm_, Aug 16, 2022.

1. mikejm_

mikejm_

I just upgraded to Unity 2022.2 and my app became completely unusable. After narrowing it down, I commented out all instances of VideoPlayer.Prepare() and everything works fine again (except I now can't pre-prepare videos of course).

This is highly consistent. If I comment out the line "videoPlayer.Prepare();" I can load my app. If I leave it in, my app does this instead with Editor going to 99.9% CPU usage and crashing my system:

editor 99.png

So it is clearly VideoPlayer.Prepare() that is crashing things. I can still run Play() commands but Prepare() does this to the CPU every time.

As soon as I drop back down to 2021.1.0b14 the exact code works fine and I can Prepare() videos again. Obviously I would like and need Prepare() working in 2022.2 as well.

Is this a known problem? Did something change in 2022.2.0b4 that needs special accounting for? Is there anything more you need to narrow down why this is happening?

Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2022
  2. The_Island

The_Island

Unity Technologies

Yes, it is a known issue and we are working on a solution right now. Unfortunately, there is no workaround other than staying on an older version. You can see another thread about this here. https://forum.unity.com/threads/in-...tor-build-in-2022-2-0b2.1314180/#post-8351250

mikejm_ likes this.