Search Unity

VideoPlayer not working on Android device (Pixel 4)

Discussion in 'Android' started by idunlop_oefun, Jan 22, 2020.

1. idunlop_oefun

idunlop_oefun

Using Unity 2019.2.17f1.
    Android Pixel 4.
    Addressables 1.5.1.

I'm using addressable assets. I've included my movies in a separate group - that isn't compressed nor cached. It's set to pack separately.

I've tried using a VideoClip reference and loading the addressable asset asynchronously. Both options fail. I've reviewed countless posts about very similar issues; but everything I've tried doesn't work. Using the StreamingAssets folder doesn't work because I have to transcode the video (webm for alpha support).

Any ideas? Thanks.

This is the error I get:

W/Unity: AndroidVideoMedia::OpenExtractor could not translate archive:/CAB-e3ed0cbbd65f1598441bb9a3f5b16f49/CAB-e3ed0cbbd65f1598441bb9a3f5b16f49.resource to local file. Make sure file exists, is on disk (not in memory) and not compressed.
    (Filename: ./PlatformDependent/AndroidPlayer/Modules/Video/Private/AndroidVideoMedia.cpp Line: 331)

W/Unity: AndroidVideoMedia: Error opening extractor: -10004
    (Filename: ./PlatformDependent/AndroidPlayer/Modules/Video/Private/AndroidVideoMedia.cpp Line: 461)

2. mekartikshah

mekartikshah

did you get any solution?

3. idunlop_oefun

idunlop_oefun

Using VideoClip - I did not.

I ended up using the AV Pro asset.

4. Urre5

Urre5

I was having this issue as well and was about to give up, but figured I'd take the advice in the error literally and see what happens. It says at the end of the first line "Make sure file exists, is on disk (not in memory) and not compressed." so assuming the first two are true (it exists and is on disk) I removed the compression from the addressable group the videos reside in, and now it works!

uncompressed.PNG