Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

VideoPlayer not working for IOS and Android

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by shura0123, Jul 27, 2018.

1. shura0123

shura0123

HI,

Has anyone been able to use the video player in IOS and Android? it works very nicely in editor but not on devices.

I have tried playing the video all different ways, render texture, material override, camera, on texture, raw image etc... i have tried many different code methods, coroutine, non coroutine, event based, read from URL, video clip, persistent path, resources, streaming assets etc.... I also tried many different formats and codecs. I mainly use .mp4 and I am in Unity 2018.1.6 PRO, I also tried different imports setting and have the videos set to transcode but still no luck. I have tried everything i could find on git hub, YouTube and forum.

What is the deal with this???
    I tried small 2-3sec videos and big videos --- no luck as well.

I also tried video.prepare() and without it too but nothing either!!!

Also worth mentioning I tried on Ipad pro and iPad air 2 with ios11, samsung s9 and galaxy tab. Also woth mentioning that I tried, different runtime script and API compatibility.

So you can see I have tried pretty much everything.

IMD and piterpiper like this.
  2. IMD

IMD

Hey, I was planning to do the same investigation myself, but this has made me wonder if it's worth doing... Did you get anything to work reliably in the end?