Search Unity

Video VideoPlayer not loading from Url on Android

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Piflik, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Piflik

Piflik

I am using the VideoPlayer to load Videos from my file system and play them. It works perfectly fine on Windows, but fails on Android.

The file exists and in accessible. I know it worked in earlier versions of Unity, however, I don't remember what was the latest version that worked.

The files I try to load are located in storage/emulated/0/BUNDLE_IDENTIFIER, the path supplied is correct. I get the following error message in my log:

AndroidVideoMedia::OpenExtractor could not translate storage/emulated/0/BUNDLE_IDENTIFIER/Videos/FILENAME to local file. Make sure file exists, is on disk (not in memory) and not compressed.
    AndroidVideoMedia: Error opening extractor: -10004

This happens both with the Internal and Gradle Build System.

Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

Currently using Unity 2018.3.12f1
    I cannot update to 2019.1 due to another bug in Unity that breaks UI Images.

2. Piflik

Piflik

I still have this issue, now on Unity 2019.2.8f1

3. Mobgen-Lab

Mobgen-Lab

Same issue. I can play a video in the video player from a internal path in IOS and the editor, but not in Android.

I am able to see the file in the internal folder in Android, even play it with the Android Player. But Unity is not able to get that video.

I used Handheld.PlayFullScreenMovie and it worked, but i dont want that. I wnat to reproduce the video over a quad.

unityunity