Search Unity

VideoPlayer in Android DONT WORK!!

Discussion in 'Android' started by nsmith1024, Dec 12, 2019.

1. nsmith1024

nsmith1024

Hello,

Im using the VideoPlayer in Android (Unity 2018.3) to play a simple video but it keeps stuttering and stopping randonly to the point of being unusable.

Researching this issue shows the VideoPlayer has been like that for several years, does anybody know when it will be fixed or if Unity even cares that their video player dont work on Android?

I saw someone mentioned that turning off the multithreaded rendering may work, but i tried that and the VideoPlayer still does NOT WORK!

I mean there are so many people making apps for Android, but the Unity Android VideoPlayer player dont work??? how can that be???

Our project is completely stopped right now because of this.

Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  2. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

It maybe related to video format you're using, you should submit a bug report with repro project attached.

Thank you

3. nsmith1024

nsmith1024

Hello,

Thanks, it seems it was already a bug, and was supposedly "fixed" but it isnt fixed, see the comments.

https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...tuttering-and-dropping-frames?page=1#comments

I tried disabling multi-threading as was suggested in the bug report, but it was already disabled in my project.

Is it possible to "resubmit" it as still a bug? But even then, when will it be fixed? im stuck right now on a months late project, which will be even more late now because of this.

I tried buying other expensive video players from the asset store, they work great on the SAME VIDEO (mp4 format), but turns out those players dont use AudioSource which i need to post process the audio from the video in real-time. Only the Unity VideoPlayer seems to have the AudioSource option, but Unity VideoPlayer is broken, so it seems I got zero options left as usual, dont know when i will catch a break.

There are people out here (like me) whose WHOLE LIVES depend on Unity, something like this bug is a huge problem you cant imagine!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  4. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

Well if you don't submit a bug, it won't be fixed.

5. nsmith1024

nsmith1024

I cannot use my project to submit a bug because its private, so I have to create a new project to do it, that takes up so much time!

6. BelieveXiaoShuai

BelieveXiaoShuai

transcode VP8