Search Unity

Video VideoPlayer end of loop problem.

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by YMPP, Feb 21, 2020.

1. YMPP

YMPP

How to reproduce.

1. Download and open folliwing project.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/17TyRKS3nuHbY6FpldOT4-y32fZy0NH2b/view?usp=sharing

2. Run and press button on left top's "SampleVideo_1280x720_1mb"

3. When video reached end of time, the rabbit's head shake twice.

4. Check Original "SampleVideo_1280x720_1mb" file's rabbit's head shake once.

I think, this problem occurred on Geforce series. (after Kepler)

Tested on..
    GTX960
    GTX1660
    RTX2060
    RTX2070
    RTX2080
    -> have problem.

Radeon x5700xt
    -> Well played.

Thanks.

2. DominiqueLrx

DominiqueLrx

Unity Technologies

Hi nks!

This is a known problem that has a fix soon to be integrated into 2019.3. The issue description is here: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...ated-when-played-using-video-player-component

The fix will be integrated in 2019.3.x as soon as possible: please monitor the status at the top of the page I linked above. Currently, it says "Fix In Review for 2019.3", meaning it's still in the list of pending integrations.

In the mean time, as you have found out, both Intel and AMD graphics behave correctly if you need to keep working. And you can always transcode to webm if you prefer; this will change what decoding backend is being used and will also sidestep the issue.

Sorry for the trouble and thanks for your patience!

Dominique Leroux
    A/V developer at Unity

YMPP likes this.
  3. luigis

luigis

I cannot report in the unity issue tracker (probably there is a problem with google login and i can't login) but seems there is the problem again, in the unity 2021.3.1f11 lts only when vsync is enabled