Search Unity

Video VideoPlayer audio playing very softly on the right but normal on the left for some people only

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by DarkArts-Studios, Jul 15, 2020.

1. DarkArts-Studios

DarkArts-Studios

Hi,

In a recent build of my game, I've upgraded to 2019-LTS I have a few people complaining that the initial sting logo video is only playing normally on the left and very softly on the right.
    This is only happening for some people and I'm unable to reproduce this myself.
    These are windows standalone builds, it's the very first scene which has only a camera and a VideoPlayer gameobject/component and it has "Play On Awake" - I'm not doing anything special except for a small script to detect end of video to then load the game itself.

I've run out of ideas to check what could cause this :(

If anyone can offer any suggestions on what to look at or what next to try I'd appreciate this, it's super frustrating in that it doesn't happen on my main dev PC in editor or in builds, and I have access to 3 other computers, of which 2 are Macs and none of those exhibit this issue either but several individuals that don't know each other have reported this exact problem.

Thanks for any advice ...

Clive

2. DominiqueLrx

DominiqueLrx

Unity Technologies

Hi!

We are aware of channel assignment issues in the VideoPlayer when playing webm content that is more than 2 channels. So, depending on the audio configuration in the file and possibly the output setup, it's possible we're hitting this kind of problem.

Anything you can share with us about the content of the movie's audio track?

Dominique Leroux
    A/V developer at Unity