Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question VideoPlayer android Oculus problem. Cannot stream 2 different files!

Discussion in 'VR' started by Psajmon_unity, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Psajmon_unity

Psajmon_unity

Hello

TLDR: Anyone menage to stream 2 separate videos on android(Oculus Quest) by the video player and displaying it? Or maybe turn off video texture rendering on video player instance to prevent overriding? "(videoPlayer.texture -> -> prevent writing on it? [Internal texture where video content is placed])".

Longer version:
    Build-in unity video player works fine on PC. Streaming directly from the link is correct. The problem is when I try to stream on android/Oculus Quest1/2 and use not one but a second instance of the video player. Everything is streaming no problem but: the second instance of video player texture tries to override texture form first and fails (even if the first player does not display texture on the scene)!
    Tried many workarounds. Separate video texture does not work! (on android),(on pc works fine, no overriding!) even if the first video player is set to video "API only" (cannot disable it due to protection level).
    I know I can buy an AVPpro video player but just don't have the money right now btw...400$. BTW project is for test available on Sidequest: https://sidequestvr.com/app/931/vr-club

I spend countless hours trying to resolve it. Please help.

2. RichardShort

RichardShort

Hello

I am having the same trouble. I have multiple VideoPlayers, no matter how I try and display the video it seems to overlay the various videos on all virtual screens in the Quest 2. Essentially looks like the screens are flickering. I have tried render texture, material override & api only to Raw Image. All behave the same way.
    These attempts when using PC or Mac are fine.

I'm really happy with the built in VideoPlayer for my purpose and want to keep the app lightweight.

Any help from someone who has figured this one out would be really appreciated. :)

Edit, also tried loading content from VideoClip & URL from streamingassets.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    Psajmon_unity likes this.
  3. Psajmon_unity

Psajmon_unity

any idea how to fix it?

4. SteveHinan

SteveHinan

Arrggghhh, I have the same problem as well on Quest2 from Unity 2021.2

5. Sammyueru1

Sammyueru1

I've been needing help with this too? Anyone, figure it out? And I've been needing this for a couple of months.

6. Skeldal

Skeldal

Turn off Low Overhead Mode (GLES) on Project settings->XR Plug-in Management->Oculus

7. Psajmon_unity

Psajmon_unity

It works! Thanks for your help!

8. Pea899

Pea899

It works, i went crazy searching for the solution. Thank you so much!

9. Horst_Evans

Horst_Evans

This fixed my issue as well

10. Toshiza

Toshiza

Oh...
    Thank you very much.
    I didn't have the problem with Valkan, but it was occurring with OpenGL!
    Valkan degrades the performance of VideoPlayer, so many people need to know about this issue!