Search Unity

Audio VideoPlayer and loading Ambisonics Soundfiles from disk/url

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by pojoih, Apr 13, 2018.

1. pojoih

pojoih

I'm loading my videos from the filesystem and they've got ambisonics enabled audio tracks but they do not play properly in the audiosource as there is not audioclip active on the source. Seems like the VideoPlayer does play the audioclip of a videofile on an AudioSource a little different.

I also cannot load extracted Ambisonics Wavefiles at runtime.
    Whats the correct way to play ambisonics AudioClips or Videos with Ambisonic audiotracks which aren't embedded in the app?

2. omniaudio

omniaudio

I'm wondering about this, as well. Seems like ambisonic AudioClips have to be specifically marked as ambisonic in the inspector (or perhaps possibly via script at runtime? haven't looked into that...). But when using the VideoPlayer to target an AudioSource with it's embedded audio, are ambisonics not supported (since there's no AudioClip created in this case)?

pojoih likes this.
  3. pojoih

pojoih

had to embed extracted audio for now and load video from URL. Very annoying and not doable if you really stream from another source, not just from filesystem.

4. omniaudio

omniaudio

Ah ok, I think I was misunderstanding. So, when using the VideoPlayer to target AudioSources with specific tracks embedded in your mp4, you never actually create AudioClips, right? In that case, I can't figure out where/how it's possible to "enable" ambisonics for a particular track since that feature seems to be tied to the use of an AudioClip.

Basically, is it possible to load/play ambisonics at runtime via the VideoPlayer (e.g. using SetTargetAudioSource etc)?

5. AcousticsLabParma

AcousticsLabParma

Hi,
    having the same problem: I am able to load external 360° videos and I need to load external Ambisonic tracks without embedding.
    Did you find a solution ?

Thanks

6. omniaudio

omniaudio

Unfortunately no I didn't. That's not to say there isn't a solution, but I ended up going a different direction..

7. pojoih

pojoih

8. Vectrex

Vectrex

Any update on this? I'd have thought that using video with embedded ambisonics would be the primary use case.

glenneroo and pojoih like this.
  9. TheSwanCollective

TheSwanCollective

Need this desperately as well! 50€ per PayPal for the fellow who gets that working.
    I have a 360° skybox videoplayer and the audio isn't recognized as spatial.

10. glenneroo

glenneroo

Thanks for doing this - unfortunately the link is dead and just points to "The Future of Unity Feedback" thread where there is no mention of ambisonic anywhere.

I also found this thread where the developer of AudioStream said a few months ago he also couldn't figure it out.

Where do we submit feature requests nowadays? And is this even on Unity's roadmap?

11. glenneroo

glenneroo

musti88 likes this.