Search Unity

Question Video Rendering LIVE from Raspberry pi 3 Webserver?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Bewlar, Aug 4, 2022.

1. Bewlar

Bewlar

I'm working on a robotics project and trying to understand video rendering sending and receiving. I have a raspberry pi running an HTTP webserver but am unable to find any tools for importing and rendering the video in Unity. I've tried the videoplayer with no success and the documentation is ambiguous to my brevity in this domain. From the forums it seems the videoplayer is only for web hosted files such as .mp4. I don't quite understand what it receives from the HTTP webserver from a live video stream if that's more of a packet transmission versus hosted file? I was wondering if there is better documentation for receiving packets of video data from a webserver or tutorials with live streaming video and audio too if possible. I'm just trying to render the images and audio I'm hosting but really struggling to find information. I don't want to use any paid for assets and I want to understand the topic better for transmitting and receiving. My gap is Unity's rendering tools to receiving and rendering payloads. Any help on the topic is appreciated!