Search Unity

Video Video Recorder for 2019

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by studysession, Jun 28, 2019.

1. studysession

studysession

I am not finding a clear answer when I search.
    Where do I find a Unity Recorder that works with 2019?
    Thanks

2. Steven_Brown

Steven_Brown

Didn't understand about it friend, did you need Video recording for your windows desktop?

3. Rik_Vasquez

Rik_Vasquez

@Steven, to export game view of a timeline either as a movie clip or sequential still frames. The current version of Unity Recorder doesn't work in 2019.3 HDRP (from my latest test). While one could use a third party screen capture, it might not give the best image quality especially for cinematic or short film projects. Even cinemachine's recorder track is missing or maybe placed in the ui where I'm not familiar into looking.

4. studysession

studysession

Thanks - For this I am reverting to Unity 2017. All my objects import and recorder works perfectly.

Wish it were easier. Seems like a lot breaks between versions.

5. Rik_Vasquez

Rik_Vasquez

Update from my previous post. Got the Recorder to install and working in 2019.3 for HDRP. It didn't show up for me on any menu after initial install. I had to exit out Unity and re-open project file. Same with the timeline. Now there's a recorder track available in the timeline "add" menu.

What's giving me console errors now is if I installed Unity sample scenes (because in my current project I'm using the sample mocap files), a lot of scripts are causing errors. Had to delete folders to clear errors since I just need the anim clips to be able to run gameview and record and export a movie file.

6. lostminds

lostminds

You can use the preview version of Unity recorder v2 that works in 2019.3b via the package manager. Just open the package manager -> "show all" and in the "Advanced" menu select "Show preview packages". After installing the package you can access the video recording features via the menu Window -> General -> Recorder, to set up and start recording your game view in the editor

Aldobeur likes this.
  7. gregacuna

gregacuna

I can't find the Unity Recorder on the asset store or in Package Manager? Where did you find it?