Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Video Player Stutters

Discussion in '2019.3 Alpha' started by NamelessPerson, Aug 14, 2019 at 3:15 PM.

1. NamelessPerson

NamelessPerson

2. Charles_Beauchemin

Charles_Beauchemin

Unity Technologies

What platform are you trying it on?
    Did it work in previous versions of Unity?
    How many mp4 videos are you playing?

Please open a bug with the minimal project to reproduce this issue and our video team will be able to assist you.

3. DominiqueLrx

DominiqueLrx

Unity Technologies

Hi!

Can you give us a bit more info? We'd need to know the platform and a more detailed description about the stuttering (skips one frame at a precise point, or constantly jittering, etc). If it's hard to describe, then maybe a screen recording of the problem while happening could be helpful. There are many reasons for stuttering, depending on system specs, video content and so on, so it's hard to say if this problem is the same as the other one you're pointing out.

If you could submit a bug, this would be helpful: our QAs we'll be able to bisect when the problem started happening.

Thanks for reporting this, hope we can address the problem quickly!

Dominique
    A/V developer at Unity

4. NamelessPerson

NamelessPerson

Was using in editor on Windows 10 Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134. It is a constant jitter where it appears to repeatedly hop back frames before progressing. I.e. the frame order looks something along the line of 1 -> 2 -> 1 -> 4-> 3 -> 6-> 5-> 8. This issue does not occur in 2019.1.12, 2019.1.7, 2019.1.1, or 2018.4.0 (these are all previous versions the application was developed in).

Only one mp4 is played at a time but they are dynamically loaded from the system and swapped between.

This is a very large project so it would be very difficult to create a minimal project version. I will look into creating a bug report when I have the chance.

Hope this information helps.

5. AlkisFortuneFish

AlkisFortuneFish

Does it do it on a build? It's normal for game updates (including the video player) to stutter in the editor, because of the editor itself redrawing, which is not a fast operation.

6. NamelessPerson

NamelessPerson

I did not attempt a build. Currently I have a separate issue where if I try to open the alpha version it states I do not have a valid license. I believe this is because I am behind a proxy and Unity Hub gets blocked from trying to reach the server but it is weird since it does not happen with other versions. Once I am off the work network proxy I will attempt a build to test further.

7. AlkisFortuneFish

AlkisFortuneFish

There’s a thread about that, you gotta delete ProgramData/Unity/Unity_lic.ulf

https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-2019-3-0a12-does-not-start.728009/#post-4859693