Search Unity

Video player not working (streaming)

Discussion in 'Android' started by massiveminiteam, Apr 30, 2019.

1. massiveminiteam

massiveminiteam

Hi,

we are using the video player to stream videos from a server to the device. This works in the editor and on iOS, but it doesn't work on Android anymore (it worked on Android before, but we upgraded the Unity project to Unity 2018.3.14 & 2019.1.0).

We only get a black frame and the error "Unable to find libc" in the console when the video player is loaded. Has someone else any problems with the video player on Android devices and can help us out?

The video player still works on some Android devices, but not on all. This stops us from updating an app.

Edit: Another error: AndroidVideoMedia: Error opening extractor: -10000

Thanks
    Tim

2. tlsharkey

tlsharkey

Sounds like a codec problem. The versions of Android that won't play the video probably don't support the file type or compression method used on the video being streamed. Check Google's list of supported media formats to see if there's a mismatch somewhere.
    (Depending on your server, you can use tools like ffmpeg to convert your video to other formats and send the converted file)

3. subhamdachiever

subhamdachiever

not codec issue tried with different codecs still not working

4. Vector-Sprite

Vector-Sprite

I can't get it working either. Very frustrated. I put the same video in the Streaming Assets folder and it works. Link to URL and it doesn't (it does work in editor). I feel like it's an Android Manifest permissions issue but I can't figure out how to fix it.

5. bkachmar

bkachmar

The same here: In Unity 2018.3.14f1 local files are playing properly, but when I set URL to YouTube - I get two errors:

Player failed to load "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwZbj3PRIjU"

VideoPlayer cannot play url : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwZbj3PRIjU
    Cannot read file.

shaun_fuzzy_unity likes this.
  6. JBlackTVW

JBlackTVW

Getting a similar error in Unity 2019.1.6f1
    Also seeing "Unable to find libc" and "AndroidVideoMedia::SetSecPosition could not complete seek to frame 153. Codec appears to be stalled at frame -1." in adb logcat.

Video from url will start playing, then stop randomly. Seeking will allow it to play again, but not to completion. Built-in videos work just fine.

All videos are .mp4.

7. GuismoCabrera97

GuismoCabrera97

What about when unity tells:

Player having difficulty streaming video "http://URL"

Is there a way to fix it ?

8. Brad-Newman

Brad-Newman

9. AntoSHKaa

AntoSHKaa