Search Unity

Video Video Player Lags

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by GossamerGames, Aug 26, 2019.

1. GossamerGames

GossamerGames

Hello, I am using a Unity video player where the source is a video loaded up into the game, it is an mp4 and it is 811 MB, it is 1 minute and 49 seconds long.

I am playing the game in a build and every once in a while it drops some frames in the cutscene and thus it looks really choppy. I would really like for this not to happen. Also, even on the most intensive levels of the game with 1000s of 3d assets, all with instances of their materials and meshes, the game runs better than this cut scene.

I cannot figure out why, we have re-rendered the cutscene, played with resolution, framerate, transcoding, the codec, bitrate, etc. We cannot get this cutscene to play.

It is at the point that I think writing code to cycle through different sprites would be easier. Can anyone tell me why this might be playing so poorly?

2. Mbastias

Mbastias

I having the same problem with anything over 1080p on a Windows standalone build, we thought it was only the 360 videos but then another 1080p video stutters or freezes for seconds, any workaround is welcome. Also tried with multiple encodings, resolutions, etc.

Edit: I should also add that every video plays perfectly on an Oculus Go device. Editor and Standalone have issues.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019