Search Unity

Video Video Player issues in Linux when playing from URL

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by miguel_itbook, Oct 23, 2018.

1. miguel_itbook

miguel_itbook

Hello,

I am having troubles making VideoPlayer play videos from URL in Linux devices. I can't play a video from an URL (local or from internet), it always says "Can't play movie". I have tried several videos from several URLs but it is always the same error. If I download the videos and set VideoPlayer to play directly from a videoclip it works perfectly.
    It also works like a charm in Editor, iOS, Android, Windows and OSX, it is only failing in Linux.
    I am using Unity 2018.2.13f1 (although I have tried also with 5.6) and Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS.

If anyone have any clue or hint about what I am doing wrong it would be great.

Thanks everyone for reading.

Regards.

k0dep likes this.
  2. k0dep

k0dep

same problem( are you fixed it?

3. miguel_itbook

miguel_itbook

No, sorry.
    Finally I added the videos to the app in the Linux version so I can play them directly from the app.

4. k0dep

k0dep

I found solution! it works! just convert your video to webm with vp8 video and vorbis audio.

5. miguel_itbook

miguel_itbook

Great! Thanks!
    Unfortunately, I am not the owner of the videos nor the server where they are hosted, so I am afraid I can't ask for a conversion.

Anyway, it is a great help to know where the problem is.

6. Selespo2018

Selespo2018

It only does that within the UNITY environment that when you compile it for LINUX and run the program, the videos are not seen. :(