Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Video player drops frames and corrupts audio

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by DevDunk, Nov 5, 2023.

1. DevDunk

DevDunk

I'm rendering a 1080x1620 video. I can do this both using material override or render texture.
    When viewing this in the editor it all is smooth.
    When I preview it in an Android build the video drops a ton of frames (range of 10-40 frames per second with 60 fps video).
    The audio is also completely messed up. When disabling skip frame in video player I get `AudioSampleProvider buffer overflow. 74 sample frames discarded.` The discarded samples can be hundreds of samples as well.

I already tried to change the audio settings video proj settings and via code

Code (CSharp):
    2. AudioConfiguration config = AudioSettings.GetConfiguration();
    3. config.sampleRate = 48000;
    4. config.dspBufferSize = 256;
    5. AudioSettings.Reset(config);
    Using unity 2022.3.12 URP
    Tested on multiple Android devices

I load the videos using an imported video clip, not URL.
    I need transparency, so I tried VP8. I also tried h265 and h264, all with the same results

Any help is appreciated, as I am running out of options.
    This is for an ongoing hackathon, so I cannot spend the money for AVPro sadly (and the whole system is already built on the video player)

2. DevDunk

DevDunk

Apparently 6o fps video is not supported on android?
    30 fps does work properly.
    Once the bug reporter is back online there will be some reports...

ebelkin likes this.