Search Unity

Video Player crashing on Unity 2017.4.2f2

Discussion in 'Android' started by Elandir, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Elandir

Elandir

Hi there.
    When I try to play a video from Android using Video Player component my app is crashing though it works in the editor.

I'm using Unity 2017.4.2f2 and deploying in a Samsung Galaxy S8 with Android 8.

Is anybody having (or had) this issue and found a solution or workaround?

Thanks!!

PD - I've found some posts with the same issue but they seem outdated (more than one year ago) and the proposed solutions didn't work for me.

2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Posting crash bugs in forum does not lead to a fix in most cases, unfortunately. Perhaps because Unity does not use the forum to track bugs.

Could you please submit a bug-report, following the steps described in the following document and post the bug-report Case number in this forum thread afterwards:
    https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

This makes sure the issue is in Unity's bug tracking pipeline and has to be processed at some point. If somebody from UT is looking at this forum post, they can pick up the Case number to process the report even faster.

3. Elandir

Elandir

Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks, friend, I certainly will submit the bug report.

4. Yury-Habets

Yury-Habets

Unity Technologies

That's not entirely true. We are watching for the bugs reported here.

But reporting via Bug reporter is the correct answer here - too few details.