Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. We have updated the language to the Editor Terms based on feedback from our employees and community. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Player Component + Vive

Discussion in '2017.2 Beta' started by steveEXC, Sep 15, 2017.

1. steveEXC

steveEXC

(Testing in Unity 2017.2.0b11)

Hey guys! I'm trying to build an application for use with the Vive that works with 360 videos using the Video Player Component. Right now, the most seamless way I could find to swap between movies is to have them each on their own GameObject sphere mesh with the mesh renderer component disabled, call VideoPlayer.Play() on them all, Pause() the very next frame. When the movie needs to play, I call Play() again and enable the mesh renderer component. This is very close to seamless for me, but there is still a blip (even when I make a build) where between movies the headset dips to the default vive loading scene but only for a split second.

Is there a better way for me to be doing this so that there is no blip? I'd like swapping between the videos to be completely seamless. I've also tried calling VideoPlayer.Prepare() but it doesn't seem to help.