Search Unity

1. Engage, network and learn at Unite Austin 2017, Oct 3 - 5. Get your ticket today!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Introducing the Unity Essentials Packs! Find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out all the fixes for 5.6 on the patch releases page.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Unity 2017.1 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Unity 2017.2 beta is now available for download.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Video player component playback IOS frame drop or lag issue issue

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Rownan22, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Rownan22

Rownan22

Hi,

So I am using 5.6.2.p4 and then upgraded to 2017.1 but neither fixed the issue.
    The issue is the videos play perfectly on android and pc, however no matter what format i use, or even transcoded the video clips in my project always seem to drop frames, or skip, I do have the video preparing before playing, even doing all this the video drops or skips frames loosing a good chunk of the video content in the process.

Any Ideas for fixes?

Nathan

2. Tillmania69

Tillmania69

Having the same issues. 5.6.1 seems to be the most stable version of VideoPlayer. It plays without issue on iOS in this version. As soon as I upgraded I began having serious frame drops and sync issues no matter how compressed the videos were in transcode.

3. Rownan22

Rownan22

Glad im not the only one! my issue it seems was i was using 4k video where Ios can only handle 1920x1080 i believe could be wrong but once i converted my videos to 1920x1080 it was as smooth as butter.
    hope that helps you!

4. Tillmania69

Tillmania69

Hmm my videos are an odd resolution 810x1080 so I dont think its that. Did you set the videos to transcode?

5. jason_yak

jason_yak

I'm seeing these issues as well. I was getting ok playback in version v5.6.2f1 and after upgrading to 2017.1.1p1 I'm getting really garbled compression looking issues where the video feed goes all strange and audio thats dropping and out of sync. This only happens when playing back on an iOS device. Just great... we need to submit an iOS11 compatibility update asap and we've found a regression bug that's a showstopper.

6. Jonycafre

Jonycafre

Not sure if this is related, but with 2017.1.1 I'm having issues with URL playback (streamed). On Android, Videoplayer seems to drop a lot of frames, or may be more like pausing a bit every second. And sometimes (ramdomly?) it doesn't even play at all, getting stuck at first frame. I's this happening to anyone else?

7. gsmetzer

gsmetzer

Using 2017.2.0b11 I had bad video compression artifacting when playing on iOS but I seemed to have fixed it by changing the compression settings. The video looks fine now but the audio is way out of sync.