Search Unity

Video on Collider anomaly, less than 2 minutes long, kinda interesting, and a question.

Discussion in 'Physics for ECS' started by goodnewsjimdotcom, May 28, 2021.

1. goodnewsjimdotcom

goodnewsjimdotcom

Yo, why does collision with convex mesh collider bounce off an object properly, but a sphere collider sticks like a magnet to stuff it hits? I have a video here. Even if you can't answer, it is kinda a fun watch: https://studio.youtube.com/video/WQEbY6ntzgo/edit

Also I seem to get something similar in gameObject mode as well. So being knowledgeable of what is going on will help me much.

2. steveeHavok

steveeHavok

I think that link will only work for you.

3. mgear

mgear

4. steveeHavok

steveeHavok

That's really hard to tell what is going on with just the graphics. If restitution (bounciness) on the Physics Shape is zero the collision should just stop the colliding body. It won't stick like a magnet regardless of the shape being a sphere or a convex hull, unless there are custom systems in place overriding the physics simulation. A convex hull is more likely to get some deflection from a collision and that might be just the difference you are seeing.

If you add a Physics Debug component to a Entity and turn on Display Contacts and Collider edges, then you should be able to see what the Physics is done with more clarity in the scene tab.

Is a minimal repo of the problem available that I can take a look at?