Search Unity

Feedback Video links broken

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by vendaar, Apr 26, 2021.

1. vendaar

vendaar

Hey,
    I encountered an error with videos not loading up in the Junior Programmer pathway, more specific
    Programming Simple Functionality.
    Here is an example at the start of the lesson: https://learn.unity.com/tutorial/lesson-3-1-jump-force

So far just checked Unit 3 and 4 there but literally every section that had a video in it was unable to play it.
    Several devices with different ISPs served the same result.

upload_2021-4-26_15-55-14.png

2. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Hey there - if you have an adblocker running in your browser, could you try temporarily disabling this to see if the issue goes away? We're unable to reproduce this issue our end.

3. vendaar

vendaar

I disabled addblocker, deleted cache and temporary files. even tried a fresh browser installation on another machine. After reading your comment I asked friends to see if they could watch the video and they got the same results.
    EDIT: another friend just was able to watch them. weird.

Weird thing is, the first video on each side, the introduction, is playable while the rest is not.

Alternatively, can I somehow download the videos manually or something so i can still watch them eventho this issue exists for me?

Last edited: May 19, 2021
  4. Deleted User

Deleted User

This is a question nobody here will answer. :) (I know because I have unsuccessfully asked several times.)

vendaar likes this.
  5. vendaar

vendaar

I see, thanks.
    Would be cool if they could just be uploaded to the Unity Youtube Channel or the raw .mp4s or whatever being accessible over http so people that can't view the videos for whatever reason still can make sense of some of the stuff said in the transcripts.
    It took much of the fun and learning effect out of it to not being able to watch the videos before doing the coding.

6. vendaar

vendaar

It's funny that they really just refuse to respond to the request for alternative view/download methods in any other way than "It works for us" in all the threads I have been looking at, including this one.
    A simple "no, we wont provide any additional method of getting the videos" would be enough and everybody that searches the forum would be ok with this (or at least had to accept it, lol) but so this question will just get asked over and over again because clearly not everyone is able to watch your videos.