Search Unity

Bug Video Keep restarting after a second on Android Phone Build

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by codestics, Jan 10, 2023.

1. codestics

codestics

Hi there,

I am having a small problem with my Android build - i run my game on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ - the videobackground in my game plays fine without any issues but when i make my build for my Samsung S21 the video background keeps replaying the first second.

I read some articles but the video plays fine if i run on pc and on the tablet too just on phone makes this issue.

Video is set to override for Android i tried H264 and VP8 also and its converted in Handbrake - H264, MP4, Baseline 3.0, Fast

Short clip from the issue:
    https://youtube.com/shorts/LXc9djLeSKM?feature=share

Somebody maybe knows where can be the issue?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
    AndreZen likes this.
  2. JUMP_GROUP

JUMP_GROUP

Hello, did you solve it? i'm having the same problem and i think is due to the unity version because video start doing this after unity version update from 2021.3 to 2022.2. now i'm trying to go back to oldest version and try if it works again.

AndreZen likes this.
  3. JUMP_GROUP

JUMP_GROUP

hi, make a downgrade to 2021.3.16f solve the problem for me. i can't understand if the problem is due to the URP or the unity version

4. AndreZen

AndreZen

I'm having the same issue - how can this be fixed in Unity 2022 LTS?

5. AndreZen

AndreZen

I think this is related to the following issue:
    https://issuetracker-mig.prd.it.uni...t-is-played-via-unitys-video-player-component

The website shows the following resolution note:
    Vulkan resource for performing YUV-to-RGB colourspace conversion were being cached and reused incorrectly, leading to previous frames showing up in output. Better logic to avoid incorrect cache hits have fixed the problem.

So it seems the problem has been fixed - but is just not yet released.
    When can we expect this bugfix to be released?