Search Unity

Video Jitter at start of Cinemachine rendered output

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by PerfectArchCo, Mar 4, 2019.

1. PerfectArchCo

PerfectArchCo

I'm coming from the AEC industry trying to use Unity to output some different truss design options but am having trouble getting a smooth video to render out using Cinemachine. There is a bad jump at the beginning of the video clip that is not represented in the animation loop on the timeline. That is to say, the animations and recorder all start at exactly zero. I will also add the unnatural jump is momentarily seen in game play mode. I'm not sure what's causing the skipping behaviour at the beginning of the clip. The first frame of the clip showing the unbalanced uneven framing is below.

unityhelpgif3-support.png unityhelpgif3.gif
    unityhelpworkspace2.png

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Thanks for posting the inspector. It shows that your structure is wrong, and that is likely the cause of the weirdness. The problem is the brain and the vcam on the same GameObject. That's incorrect. Instead, you want this:

GameObject 1: (Main Camera)
    - Camera component
    - CM Brain component

GameObject 2 (vcam)
    - CinemachineVirtualCamera component

GameObject 3: (another vcam)
    - CinemachineVirtualCamera component

etc.

The paradigm is: One Camera with a brain, many virtual cameras that drive the one camera. They must not have Brains.

3. PerfectArchCo

PerfectArchCo

That was a rather straightforward change to make and I removed the CM Brain from the Virtual CM vcam. Unfortunately when trying to render the loop out again the jog at the beginning of the clip persists same as above. Is there anything I can try next?

4. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

That's very strange.
    I'll need to see a little more context in order to have any more ideas.
    Can you show me your project hierarchy, expanded to show all the key actors?
    Also an image of the timeline.
    If you're up to it and it's not too big, you could just PM me the project and save us some back-and-forth.