Search Unity

Video Video does not play in game build on a Windows without Media Feature Pack (Windows 10 N)

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by MightyBox, Sep 10, 2018.

1. MightyBox

MightyBox

I am using the Video Player to play an mp4 video in my game. When importing the video into Unity I had to install the Windows Media Player pack. I created a build of the game, and it works fine on most machines, but on Windows systems which do not have the Media Feature Pack installed the video player just shows as a black screen.

I would have imagined that the Unity Video Player would embed the required codecs to play the video, so that issues like this would be avoided. If that is not the case, is there some way to detect that the system does not have the Media Feature pack installed, in order to notify the player? Or is there some other alternative to play the video without requiring any action from the player?

2. jaglitegrann

jaglitegrann

Did you ever find any good solutions for this?

3. THunkel

THunkel

Pretty old stuff, but for those who want VideoPlayer to work on a Windows OS without Windows Media Foundation installed, you just need to set VP8 codec to your video asset on Unity!
    upload_2023-5-30_0-29-39.png

Attached Files: