Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Chat solution cross platform?

Discussion in 'VR' started by Onsterion, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Onsterion

Onsterion

Hi,

I'm looking for integrate a Video Chat solution in to Hololens cross with other platforms like Android and iOS but i can't find it.

Any suggestion?

Regards.-

2. Xavier78

Xavier78

Did you ever fined something for this?

3. ArchMageDiablo

ArchMageDiablo

I've been trying to figure out a solution to this for awhile myself. I got pretty close a while back, converting the camera feed to serialize-able bits, but I messed something up and the bits didn't line up properly when i turned them back into an image, and even at a ridiculous low frame rate of like 5 fps it quickly hits a limit in photon, but it did work after a fashion, perhaps a paid photon instance or other multiplayer approach could handle the amount of data, but alot of our customers are interested in remote performance support like vuforia chalk and microsoft remote assistance, so we want to be able to develop custom apps with similar functionality. Would love to hear thoughts to a better approach if there is one.

4. Xavier78

Xavier78

Well video is different then images. As images have info for most of the entire image(there are some things that make them smaller, like detecting lines and replacing them with smaller generated info, aka a 20 pixle line can be turned into a color, direction, and distance), video formats ussually only have the info that has changed(will need to look into this more on what it actually looks like), so best bet would be to actually get the video feed from the camera like here, and then use something like AWS for live streaming that content to other places lake here or here.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019