Search Unity

Video Video Capture within Unity Issue.

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by jdeboer10, May 14, 2019.

1. jdeboer10

jdeboer10

Hey guys,

I'm trying to do some game capture from within the editor and am having some trouble with duplicate frames/ smoothness of the capture.

Right now I'm running the game and playing live within the editor and using FRAPS to capture my screen. I understand there's a ton of factors that could play into this problem but I'm kind of in a tough spot. I can't seem to isolate if it's the VSync, the games's FPS, FRAPS or my monitors that are the issue.

Within Unity looking at the stats while the game is running I'm getting high 80's FPS but at the same time with FRAPS it's only reading at barely 60... Then I go to capture with FRAPS and the footage tends to have a ton of duplicate frames no matter what VSync I set it as and regardless of what quality settings I choose?

To me it seems perhaps it could be my 60hz monitors that just aren't displaying the game properly and that's why FRAPS is getting a mismatch with the FPS since it simply records whatever is coming off the screen and not what's coming directly out of the machine?

Are there other factors I should possibly look into? Would be great to get some feedback here. I have done a tons of tests and can't seem to figure out the root of the issue.

2. mgear

mgear