Search Unity

Video Capture software

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by WarpedAxiom, Feb 19, 2007.

1. WarpedAxiom

WarpedAxiom

I wanted to make a nice little trailer for my project. Can anyone point me in the direction of a nice, basic, (preferrably free,) app that can capture the screen to video so I can record segments of game play?

2. David-Helgason

David-Helgason

3. drJones

drJones

iMovie can do that!?

i'll have to check it out - i tried to find some free video apps on the web a little while ago with no (decent) solution. i don't think i've ever opened iMovie before ; )

4. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

I just did a "movie capture" last week using this script and it worked brill... you just need to open it up in QuickTime Pro as an "Image Sequence" and adjust the framerate... if you don't have QT Pro then you should look into it. It's under $30. Or a ton of other apps that can take in an image sequence... the point is Unity does a very nice job of spitting out the frames in a regulated manner.

5. drJones

drJones

cool, thanks for the info. i don't have QTpro but that's pretty cheap so if iMovie doesn't cut it i'll just go that route ; )

6. bigkahuna

bigkahuna

I've used the script and it works great. Only thing it doesn't do well is follow mouse movements... unless someone else has found a way of fixing this?