Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions by the end of July. Read our announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

VFX Simulation Space !?

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by Vagabond_, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Vagabond_

Vagabond_

Hi,
    i would like to spawn particles in local space but to get them simulated in world space for a VFX object in the scene that suppose to move - actually for tire smoke. This is of course possible with Shuriken but is it with the VFX !?

Thanks !

2. JulienF_Unity

JulienF_Unity

Unity Technologies

Yes just set your particle simulation in world space and whatever block you use for spawning in local space (the L/W icon next to the slot)

3. Vagabond_

Vagabond_

Hi, thanks for the suggestion. It makes sense !

However if i change the space for init module all other got set to the same space and i can not get them use a separate sim space ! I am trying to change it by clicking on the labels in the modules or in the inspector !

Is this eventually an issue or i am doing it incorrectly !?

Thanks !

upload_2019-9-3_11-16-21.png

4. JulienF_Unity

JulienF_Unity

Unity Technologies

Yes a particle space is for the entire simulation (so for init / update / render). Here you're implicitly spawning at (0,0,0) in the current particle space. Add a SetPosition block (or position (sphere) or any block that sets the position) in the Init in the space you desire

5. Vagabond_

Vagabond_

Hi, thanks. I actually would like to use the SetVector3 setter. This will be better !

However, i still can't get the particles move away from center !
    Even more - i can't see them at all when i enter play mode !
    Here is my setup ! Any suggestions on this !?

EDIT : i am using latest 2019.2.3 and HDRP set 6.9.0 because can't build with 6.9.1 ( gives shader errors at build time )

upload_2019-9-4_11-5-50.png

6. Vagabond_

Vagabond_

I got it. Just saw a solution in the VFX forum thread - the same thing !

I had to add the block to Init and not Spawn ( as you mentioned ). Now it works great !

Cheers !

upload_2019-9-4_12-18-6.png

henners999 likes this.