Search Unity

VFX - particles disappears from scene and game views as soon as I change blend mode to Additive

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by hjnortje, Dec 14, 2019.

1. hjnortje

hjnortje

Let me first say this, I am very new to VFX and particle systems so this might be a simple thing.
    I am following the following tutorial. During the tutorial when I changed the bled mode to Additive, my particles disappeared from the scene and game views. The thing is it still shows in the preview at the bottom right of the screen. Does anyone know why this is happening?.

I even created a new visual effect graph and created a new node and used the Simple Swarm Particle System and added that to my scene and it also does not show in either views except for the preview window.

I even created a new project with HDPR selected still got the same results.

In the tutorial the particles is white when the tutorial starts. But when I create the graph mine is black, I thought it might be because of the version difference. I am using Unity 2019.2.15.f1 with everything as shown in the image.

hdrp.PNG part.PNG blend.PNG

2. klvo

klvo

I am having the exact same problem trying out VF Graph for the first time. When using Additive as blend mode no particles appear.

hjnortje, did you find a solution?

3. klvo

klvo

It is strange, when I select the graph on the project window I can see the particles appearing with the blend mode in the inspector preview, but when added to the hierarchy they do not show any more.

EDIT
    Exploring further, it seems to be a problem happening only with the Quad Output module, as it works fine with other modules, like the Lit Quad Module and Cube Output.
    Triangle and Point outputs also do not work.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020