Search Unity

Question VFX - Orient Faced camera position

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by RoyLin86, Nov 3, 2019.

1. RoyLin86

RoyLin86

Hey guys,
    I've played HDRP vfx for few days and I have a problem about the orientation of VFX.
    Here's my problem, I'm going to create a cloud in the scene and it looks perfect in the screen.
    But when I take a look through the VR, I found that when I spin my head, the cloud get spinning too.
    After looking for the reason,I've found that the vfx block in Lit Quad Output there's a block called "Orient - faced camera position".It caused the problem.
    I've changed the option in the block but it still can't fixed it.Is there any way to fixed this problem?

Here's my video URL:

ps. I'm not good at recording the video,sorry about that. :D

konsic likes this.
  2. Olmi

Olmi

This issue is really not related to HDRP at all, it's 100% VFX Graph issue as you used it to create your clouds?

So if I understand correctly, your problem is that the fake cloud planes roll on their z-axis so that they keep level to camera x-axis?

This is not a "fix" issue but a design issue, you just need to make your clouds align towards the camera so that they turn around their world space y-axis to face perfectly the camera all the time, but don't roll to align to the camera z-axis rotation. Try the other Orient options, they should allow you to do that.

3. raaan127

raaan127

hi, I am recently having the same problem as this one and found out a solution. I want the orient the plane to face camera but keep the direction

upload_2022-9-7_16-18-59.png upload_2022-9-7_16-11-6.png
    I can do this using stretched billboard on Particle system using speed 0.001 so I come up to a solution: orient the plane along velocity (using small amount of velocity if it is stand still), rotate it to match your desire facing
    upload_2022-9-7_16-16-53.png
    the result:
    upload_2022-9-7_16-18-25.png

Last edited: Sep 7, 2022
    egor-7355 likes this.
  4. JamesButlin

JamesButlin

Thank you so much! I was tearing my hair out trying to recreate the 'stretched billboard' orientation behaviour