Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

VFX not working, shaderpass error

Discussion in 'Visual Effect Graph' started by Goliath520, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Goliath520

Goliath520

Greetings all, I am getting an error when trying to use vfx. I am new so I tried a very basic tutorial and it seems that even that seems to cause problems. I have simplified it down to the fact that I can not add a shader graph to vfx. When I do, I get an error that says:

Shader error in 'Hidden/VFX/New VFX/System/Output Particle Quad': Shaderpass should be defined at this stage. at line 673 (on d3d11)

Compiling Vertex program
    Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR
    Disabled keywords: UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_ENABLE_NATIVE_SHADOW_LOOKUPS UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both hdrp and vfx but it didn't change anything. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I also uploaded a video to show the error happening

2. Vita-

Vita-

Unity Technologies

Hi, hope I am not late and thanks for such a detailed and informative description, indeed that's a bug which seems to be resolved in later versions. So, current solution would be to upgrade your Unity version to latest 2020.3 and you should be fine.