Search Unity

Question VFX Graph Showing no particles or effects and there are no errors

Discussion in 'Visual Effect Graph' started by mferraro23, Dec 13, 2022.

1. mferraro23

mferraro23

Hi, I am new to unity but not to programming. I was following a tutorial to create a fire breath effect using the shader graph and a visual effect graph. After following the video my vfx graph outputs nothing, the shader graph main preview is gray, and there are no errors in my console. What can I post here to get the help that I need?

2. Qriva

Qriva

SS of graph, but first check:
    1. Is still not visible in playmode, if it is visible check your scene view settings
    upload_2022-12-13_19-17-29.png
    2. Check your system bounds, you are not going to see any particles if they are not in camera view
    3. System space, maybe your particles are there, but somewhere far away

3. mferraro23

mferraro23

I have them enabled. Below are screenshots of my graph, first and second are right next to eachother, it was too big to fit in one image. As for the system space i have them attached to an empty game object right in front of me. 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

4. Qriva

Qriva

I can't see anything blindly obvious, do you know what exactly is wrong? I mean if this is shader fault then there is nothing to find in vfx graph.
    If you don't have older unity version (looks like you don't) then instead of Visual Effect target you can use new integration - select hdrp or urp and on the bottom check "Support VFX".
    Anyway I would start with shader set to some default good values that should work and then I would start debugging vfx graph.

5. PixCaffeinedBear

PixCaffeinedBear

i see a probleme, when there is under 80 particules asked in "rate", they don't show in play mode, the only fix i've found is to ask more than 80 particules..