Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

[VFX Graph] Particle Strips?

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by eric_delappe, Nov 25, 2019.

1. eric_delappe

eric_delappe

I'm using VFX Graph in HDRP 7.1.5 and I can't find the "Initialize Particle Strip" or "Update Particle Strip" contexts. They do not appear in the spacebar search menu. The only available contexts for particle strips are the output contexts.

Keijiro's Vfxgraphtestbed repository has several examples of graphs that make use of particle strips, and the initialize and update contexts are there. But there seems to be no way to add them myself. How can I use this feature in my own graphs?

2. elbows

elbows

Probably this:

In main Unity preferences there is a Visual Effects section, you need to go to that and enable the Experimental Operators/Blocks option.

nicolasgramlich likes this.
  3. eric_delappe

eric_delappe

It wasn't the experimental operators thing, that checkbox was already ticked.

But I did figure it out. The "Data Type" of the Initialize and Update contexts just needs to be changed to "Particle Strip" in the inspector.

laurentlavigne and barbelot like this.
  4. nicolasgramlich

nicolasgramlich

You actually still have to do both in 2019.3.0f6 :)

barbelot likes this.
  5. Piepop101

Piepop101

How do I do this with the most recent VFX Graph and Unity 2.9f1? By this I mean create a particle strip. I need to use this specific version of unity. I can check experimental operators, but no options show up anywhere in inspector. I select the GPU event I created and no options show up in inspector. @Eric5h5 @hippocoder

6. Olmi

Olmi

@mrbenjamincastro can you clarify which version you mean with Unity 2.9f1. 2019.2.x or what. There's no "2.9f1".

Particle Data Type shows up in the inspector when you select an Initialize Context. (i.e. that box titled Initialize.)

7. Piepop101

Piepop101

i mean 2019.2.9, Oh ok. But how do I get to the initialize box? What do I do to get there? I have very limited knowledge so details would be nice thank you! @Olmi

8. Olmi

Olmi

9. Rafaelski

Rafaelski

TAHNK YOU! Helped a lot