Search Unity

VFX Graph morphing animations

Discussion in 'Visual Effect Graph' started by marcnon, Apr 6, 2022.

1. marcnon

marcnon

Hey there,

I just try to morph an animated mesh smoothly to another one like in this video

I achieved to get the animation on the mesh running via a skinned mesh renderer component inside the VFX Graph. This works fine. But how can I morph to another mesh since just exchanging the mesh results in popping the particles immediately to the position of the other mesh. So how can I get a smooth transition to the new position?

Cheers, marc

2. Qriva

Qriva

Did you try moving them towards target position, for example like it does Mathf.MoveTowards?
    Instead of setting position directly from mesh/map you would move them just a bit towards target position or you can use velocity to simulate attraction or other more complicated stuff.

3. newguy123

newguy123

I want to do a similar thing, isnt there a simple youtube tutorial that shows how?

In my case my 3 objects to morph into each other are not animated, just static meshes, does that make anything easier?

4. koirat

koirat

I would probably do something like this:

You evaluate two positions, one for first skinned mesh, second for next one - using two sample skinned mesh nodes.
    And lerp between this positions using some arbitrary time.