Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Vfx graph is empty/broken when imported from assetbundles

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by KospY, Oct 31, 2019.

1. KospY

KospY

It seem that VFXGraph can't be used from asset bundle. I'm currently using 2019.2, but I tried with the latest 2019.3 beta and the issue is still not resolved.

Vfxgraph is working fine on the project used to create asset bundles, however once exported to asset bundle they can't be used anymore.
    VisualEffect script is instancing correctly, however the visualEffectAsset (asset template) is blank and the visual effect is not working.

Unity also throw lot of errors when I try to open the graph:
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object UnityEditor.VFX.VisualEffectAssetExtensions.GetOrCreateGraph (UnityEditor.Experimental.VFX.VisualEffectResource resource) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.visualeffectgraph@6.9.1-preview/Editor/Models/VFXGraph.cs:104)

I created a bug report (1194859), but meanwhile, does anyone know a workaround to make this work?

NKGWAB and LeonhardP like this.
  2. nmneve

nmneve

Just ran into the same issue tonight. I'm on unity 2019.2.11 and visual effect graph 6.9.2.

Hopefully this gets fixed or a workaround is found.

3. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies