Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

[VFX Graph / HDRP] Particles don't render if the spawn point is out of view of the camera

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by JackDDeane, Apr 30, 2019.

1. JackDDeane

JackDDeane

This happens in the editor and game view, as soon as you move the camera out of view of the game object's position containing the VFX it immediately stops rendering. Is there some sort of new culling in HDRP that I need to turn off? I have occlusion culling turned off on the main cam, but seeing as it effects the rendering in the editor window I'm assuming it's some sort of option on the VFX itself that I need to change.

My_Games likes this.
  2. JackDDeane

JackDDeane

Anybody else having the same problem?

My_Games likes this.
  3. Remy_Unity

Remy_Unity

Unity Technologies

This is not very discoverable (remember that we're still in preview, and a lot of doc has to be done) but :
    - With your VFX object selected, click on "edit" to open the VFX-Graph
    - Select the "Initialize" block
    - This should show you the bound of the VFX and the handles to edit it
    upload_2019-5-3_13-43-10.png

The bounds are quite small by default, and this is probably why it disappears in your example : it gets culled.

4. JackDDeane

JackDDeane

Blimey you aren't kidding about it being hidden, it's like an easter egg! Thanks for the help, I would never have found that.

My_Games likes this.
  5. VladVNeykov

VladVNeykov

Unity Technologies

@JackDDeane You can also manually resize them within the graph if you expand the Bounds drop-down in Initialize and change the Size field:

Attached Files:

6. JackDDeane

JackDDeane

VladVNeykov likes this.