Search Unity

VFX Graph does not spawn particles constantly?

Discussion in 'Visual Effect Graph' started by berkutgokmen, Mar 28, 2020.

1. berkutgokmen

berkutgokmen

I'm experimenting with the VFX Graph and from the tutorials I have seen i understand that it needs to spawn particles constantly. Mine just spawns some then stops both in scene view and in game. I probably changed some graphic setting before and now it haunts me. Please help.

2. yunusmr

yunusmr

I have the same issue

3. Olmi

Olmi

@berkutgokmen With stop I understand you mean that the particles stop spawning? If that's the case, have you set a lifetime for your particles? If you don't, they will live infinitely and if you are spawning them, then you hit the draw limit you have set (Capacity in Initialize Particle). i.e. if you have something like this, you will run out of particles:

VEG_no_lifetime.PNG

Add a lifetime block and then your particles have a lifetime which you set.
    Now your particles will keep recycling infinitely. See image below.

VEG_no_lifetime.PNG

But if you create a default system like Create Node/System/Simple Particle System, it has all the necessary blocks and other things required for an infinitely living particle system.

Attached Files:

berkutgokmen likes this.
  4. yunusmr

yunusmr

In another pc I create new vfx and just opened the vfx editor it looping infinitely but in my computer it is not. Is it requried to add lifetime node for default vfx?

5. Olmi

Olmi

If you don't have the lifetime block, your particles will live indefinitely. You can probably check the graph and see if it is there? Anyway, unless you intend to create something that is staying on screen (like some permanent graphic effect built with VEG), set the lifetime.

6. yunusmr

yunusmr

I checked and I have lifetime node but my vfx stops spawning after a while.

7. Olmi

Olmi

Can you post a screenshot of your system? I'm pretty sure there's something wrong there.

8. berkutgokmen

berkutgokmen

Thanks for answering the question. It cycles only one time with every VFX, default and example ones (swarm etc.) included. And it flickers sometimes. Here are some screenshoots of default graph and the inspector window. Default Graph.png Inspector.png

yunusmr likes this.
  9. yunusmr

yunusmr

berkutgokmen likes this.
  10. berkutgokmen

berkutgokmen

11. yunusmr

yunusmr

I tested another windows pc and the result is the same but on mac it works fine.

12. yunusmr

yunusmr

upload_2020-4-10_0-8-16.png
    I think it is because these errors.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
  13. yigitekimdemir

yigitekimdemir

I also have the same problem with same errors after compile.

Using AMD R9 285x GPU, Ryzen 3600 CPU and 16 GB RAM. Different Unity versions and driver updates did not solve the problem.

14. qiuji10

qiuji10

could be the related to boundary issue, upload_2023-7-1_12-40-23.png

tick the show bounds, if the bounds is not visible to the camera, it will not render it. But i couldn't found a way to solve it