Search Unity

Question VFX Graph completely broken, any help appreciated!

Discussion in 'Visual Effect Graph' started by Vaspra, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Vaspra

Vaspra

The UI for VFX Graph has completely broken for me, I don't know what the cause is. I can't open any of the drawers, and I can't flip any of the transform spaces. I can change a block from LOCAL to WORLD using the inspector, but this doesn't help for any of the individual components. It seems like some things still work, like adding new components to it, or accessing "Mode" dropdowns, but that's about it. Previously made graphs still work fine.

I have reinstalled (with a fresh download) Unity, tried it in a new blank HDRP project separate from my normal one, nothing seems to fix this. I have reset Unity preferences, I have deleted the %allusersprofile%/Unity content after uninstalling, I've no idea where to turn!

Thanks for any suggestions.

2. Vaspra

Vaspra

So in desperate key mashing to try and get some event through the UI to perform the action (as I was sure the actual graph code is fine) I can get drawers open by holding Shift or Ctrl and clicking on them, and I can toggle the transform space by doing the same, with two ctrl-clicks specifically. Quite a janky bug, but I can work again!

I'll eat my hat if this was a planned change :'D

Orimay likes this.
  3. lrasomattos

lrasomattos

Thank u for the info! Ctrl+Shift click opens the drawers finally! I was also going crazy here.

Tried updating to the latest version (8.2), but it doesn't show in the Package Manager, and looking at the changelog, doesn't seem like they fixed this problem.

4. PaulDemeulenaere

PaulDemeulenaere

Unity Technologies