Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

VFX graph bloom issue.

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by Saggingcube, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Saggingcube

Saggingcube

I am trying to recreate the dust particles from the spaceship demo in a new 2019.3 project. Currently with bloom enabled I am getting black flickering when in the scene view. It doesn't appear to an issue in play mode, but it makes working in the scene view pretty dang hard. Any help regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated. Would post a clip if needed.

2. Olmi

Olmi

I haven't experienced this kind of issue. What output type are you using? Lit, Unlit? Have you tried adjusting settings on the Inspector panel, and if so, did they have any effect?

3. Saggingcube

Saggingcube

The output I am using is the same as the spaceship demo. Lit triangle. I have copied as much of the spaceship dust graph as possible. I have adjusted settings in the inspector panel, but I guess I will have to continue trying to figure out what the issue is. Thank you, I greatly appreciate the help. Its driving me crazy atm. I have posted a vid link below.

4. Saggingcube

Saggingcube

Found the issue. Heads up for anyone else trying to use the dust particles from spaceship demo. At the end of the Output Particle Lit Triangle, do not add the subpixel AA. Turned that off and I am no longer getting the flashes.

Olmi likes this.
  5. JulienF_Unity

JulienF_Unity

Unity Technologies

It's probably due to some particles having a size of 0. We'll look into it

6. Saggingcube

Saggingcube

@JulienF_Unity Thank you for the tip! I will continue trying to dig deeper into the issue. If I continue to find anything I will let you know. Again, I really appreciate it.