Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug VFX file changes when saving and VFX is no longer visible

Discussion in 'Visual Effect Graph' started by okoUser1, Mar 27, 2023.

1. okoUser1

okoUser1

We currently do have a pretty weird problem with our project, that only occurs for some of our team members. A VFX graph file is serialized differently when saving, which leads to the VFX not being visible. The issue is a bit different to what I already saw in the forum - it may be related though to this issue: https://forum.unity.com/threads/vfx-graph-keeps-changing-on-project-save-m_inputslots.1414701/

The changes we're seeing are much more severe than what's mentioned in the above linked thread. In our case, a serialized script changes and we could not match the file GUID with anything yet, so I'm not even sure what exactly changes. It also loses references to input slots. Below, two screenshots showing some of the changes in our vfx graph file:

Our Unity version is 2022.2.8f1
    Our VFX Graph version is 14.0.6

The file GUID it should be is eb5fc605d29533f408188a3955e8c926 -> this is not part of our own project and I also didn't find this GUID in the vfx graph package so I'm not sure what it references. It changes it to the GUID 0155ae97d9a75e3449c6d0603b79c2f4

We'd appreciate any hint about this issue.